Laurus International School of Science
- Age: Preschool: 18 months-3 years old, Kindergarten: 3-6 years old; Primary School
- Area: Aoyama, Takanawa, Shirokanedai, Den-en-chofu and Musashi-shinjo
Laurus International School of Science opened its first school 15 years ago as “Bilinga” and has since grown consistently. The school is currently Tokyo’s largest Pre-School / Kindergarten with a total of eight schools in the metropolitan area and the only International School of Science in Japan.
Laurus International School of Science opened its Elementary School (now “Laurus”) two years ago and is now accepting students from K3 classes and other schools. These students will form the new Grade 1 from the next academic year, and the Grade 1 and 2 will move up.
Laurus International School of Science is Tokyo’s 1st and currently only STEM school and it includes programming and ICT classes which complement its core curriculum based on the Cambridge curriculum.
Its prime location in Shirokanedai is conveniently located just a few minutes from the station and several bus stops.
Creating future innovators to change the world for the better. The school focuses on:
- Increasing communication ability
- Development of a scientific thinking
- Increasing children’s capability to accomplish a goal
- Number of Students: 850
- Number of Teachers and Staff: 130
- Average Student/Teacher ratio: 6:1
- Student Population: 55% male, 45% female
The main campus in Shirokanedai houses spacious classrooms; a dedicated science room, and two open areas, including a rooftop where science experiments are conducted among other activities. All grades and classes in the school have excellent pupil-to-staff ratios. Students have access to laptops, tablets, Virtual and Augmented reality, two separate 3D printers, 3D movie projectors and Pepper the robot.
The in-house gym is used for PE, Karate, gymnastics, parkour and the Brazilian art of Capoeira classes. There are also two parks in close proximity to the school.
Laurus International School of Science’s educational programs are created by specialized teachers and a professional curriculum team in-line with the Cambridge curriculum, the global standard curriculum of elementary schools.
The school nurtures those who can play active roles globally with high educational standards.
- Science education is placed at the forefront of learning
- Japanese lessons are provided
- Provide full-day care and after-school classes
- Small class sizes promoting high educational standards
- Close communication with parents
- Exciting extra-curricular activities
- Follows the Japanese school calendar
- Various events throughout the year: Summer Camp, Field trip, Science Fair, Summer School, Performance Day, Sports day, etc.
- Subject-based teacher assignments
- The school also plans to open a Junior and High School in the future
Access & Map
Address: 6-13-14, Minami-Aoyama, Minato-ku, Tokyo
Address: Regaro Takanawa 1F, 3-21-7 Takanawa, Minato-ku, Tokyo
Address: 1-16-17 Tamagawa Denenchofu, Setagaya-ku, Tokyo
Address: 3-4-17 Shirokanedai, Minato-ku, Tokyo
TEL: Preschool and Kindergarten: 03-5422-7375, Primary School: 03-5422-6569
Address: Primo ichibankan 1F, 4-24-18, Suenaga, Takatsu-ku, Kawasaki-shi, Kanagawa-ken
- Website: www.laurus-school.com/en/
- Official Facebook: www.facebook.com/2016LISS/
- Official Twitter: https://twitter.com/2016LISS
- Official YouTube: www.youtube.com/channel/UCTh237Sp-I4jzkX3mocTxpw
- LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/18185637/
For more information, contact Laurus here.