Contribute to Savvy Tokyo!
Share Your Voice
Savvy Tokyo is now recruiting experienced freelance writers to join our growing team of contributors.
From knowing what beauty products to buy to changing your career path to finding the right school for your child, Savvy Tokyo is about providing the most reliable and up-to-date information that international women living in Japan need.
- Lifestyle — Easy Japanese, Japanese etiquette, living in a Japanese apartment, anything to do with general life in Tokyo
- Health & Beauty — Beauty products and cosmetics, doctors, hair and nail salons, fitness and spas
- Fashion — Shops, trends and events, and special offers
- Families — Schools, pregnancy in Japan, prenatal classes, family-friendly places, family photography, what to do when your child is sick
- Careers — Entrepreneur interviews, professional development, career opportunities (job listings)
- Food & Drink — Café, restaurant and bar reviews as well as roundups, recipes and special promotions
- Art & Culture — Exhibition openings, art around Tokyo, Japanese cultural activities, festivals and public holidays
Do you have something to share with Savvy Tokyo‘s readers? We’re always looking to expand our featured topics and to find fresh, new voices.
Whether you’re a fashion, food, parenting or relationship expert, a Japanese culture pro — or you just have an interesting story about your life in Japan, we’d love to hear from you.
To apply, please get in touch via our contact page with a short description of why you’d like to write for us, some clips or writing samples and examples of what angles of Tokyo life you’d like to cover for our readers. We look forward to hearing from you!