Nars x Christopher Kane Makeup Collection for Summer 2015
To celebrate the limited edition Nars x Christopher Kane makeup range called Neoneutral, Jet Set Dry Bar in Hiroo hosted an exclusive launch event recently. Guests sipped champagne while they were treated to an update to their hair and beauty looks, with makeup by the Nars team and the Jet Set staff creating cool beach waves, fashion-forward braids and bouncy ponytails. Excitingly, the local team of Nars makeup artists was led by Nars expert Raquel, who flew in from New York for the event.
The focus of the night was on the latest Nars collaboration with British fashion’s golden boy, Christopher Kane. Nars has collaborated with Kane many times before, regularly creating the makeup direction for his London Fashion Week shows. However, this is the first time a range of products have been available to the public.
Neoneutral is a collection of 10 pieces that brilliantly combine Nars’ iconic products, such as blush and illuminating multiples, with Kane’s signature palette of neon brights and classic neutrals. On first sight the colors are unexpected (iridescent violet multiples for cheeks) and bold neon hues, that for some my seem too bold for everyday life. But when you try the products for yourself the true genius of Nars is apparent. As promised, the range is incredibly flattering and wearable. Just the right amount of summery color, teamed with universally flattering neutrals that add shimmer and a hint of bronze to the skin.
The Christopher Kane for Nars Neoneutral range consists of:
- Illuminating Multiple in Violet Atom. The multiples have been created as a multi-use product for use on cheeks, lips or eyes. The cream adds a flattering glow and helps draw attention to high points of the face. Pat gently onto the top of cheekbones, brow bone or temples to empahsize natural bone structure.
- Illuminating Multiple in Sheer Iridescent Magenta is perfect for adding just the right amount of flush to your cheeks, or a beautiful rosy, just bitten lip color.
- Silent Nude Blush (matte soft beige) can be used to subtly contour the face and Starscape Blush (neon pink) provides a healthy glow to the cheeks.
- For eyes there are two eye shadows, the Outer Limits Single Eyeshadow (Iridescent Rose Gold) and Parallel Universe Duo Eye shadow (Iridescent Pink Lilac and Violet).
- The lip glosses in this collection are absolute must-haves. They are so wearable, and there is no doubt that a new lip color is the quickest way to refresh your look for summer. With four shades, there is something for everyone: Mezmer (sheer neon watermelon pink), Nucleus (subtle nude seashell pink), Glow Pink (fuchsia pink) and Nebulous (sheer neon cantaloupe orange).
Starting from ¥2,700, the Nars x Christopher Kane limited edition range is available now from Nars counters at Isetan (Shinjuku and Midtown), Matsuya (Ginza), Seibu (Shibuya) and Tokyu (Shibuya) department stores. For more information visit the brand’s official website.