Savvy Tokyo Sakura Photo Contests 2020: Until April 30!
And This Year's Theme Is "My Sakura Fashion"
Tag your best sakura-inspired fashion shots or favorite hanami outfits with #savvysakura2020 on Instagram for a chance to be featured on Savvy Tokyo and win a fabulous prize! If you’re not much of a photographer you still have a chance to win a prize, starting this year we will be holding another contest on Facebook where you just need to like our page, share our post, and subscribe to our mailing list!
The prettiest season of the year is back and with it is our annual photo contest, too!
Starting from next week, the sakura season will embrace Tokyo (full bloom is expected around March 23) and many other parts of the country, and we just can’t help but be overexcited. The parks will fill with cherry blossoms and sakura flowers will saturate your social media feeds.
To capture the moment and celebrate your creativity, Savvy Tokyo is proud to announce it’s fourth consecutive Sakura Photo Contest 2020. (Check out the stunning winning photos of 2019, 2018 and 2017.)
At Savvy Tokyo, we care about our dear readers and we are totally backing the #StayAtHome movement so you and your family can stay safe. So we decided to change the rules a little bit this year… No need to go outside to participate: snap your best sakura outfit indoors, your best hanami on the floor of your living room or your best cherry blossoms balcony shot! We are all in as long as you and your loved ones can stay safe.
It’s time to dig out your favorite hanami outfit from the closet… This year, “fashion” is the keyword to win our #SavvySakura2020 contest. Show us your favorite outfit or accessory to top off the perfect hanami outing. Bonus if you can snap cherry blossoms!
What’s In It For You?
Fun, fun and fun (and some exposure to top it off)! Our top 10 winning photos will get 15 minutes of fame (actually, eternal, since it will stay on Savvy f.o.r.e.v.e.r… ). The No.1 lucky photo contest winner and our Facebook winner will both receive a ready-to-go family-sized fully equipped picnic basket filled with several sakura-inspired goodies in it (this beauty here ↓↓↓) plus a few secret extras from the Savvy team. 🌸
The Savvy team of editors, photographers and designers will select the top 10 photos from the entries and publish them in an article on the site with the winners’ names (or nicknames) and links to their social media accounts or websites (if applicable). See the winners of our 2019 contest here, 2018 contest here and the 2017 contest here.
Instagram Photo Contest
- All photos should be taken in Japan
- All photos should be submitted along with a caption telling us the story behind the photo, where it was taken and when
- All photos should be featuring sakura related outfit or accessory (no obligation to model in the picture)
- If you’re taking photos of someone else, make sure that you have obtained their permission prior to submitting your photo.
- You can submit as many photos as you wish as long as they fit the contest theme
- All photos must be original and you must hold the copyright of the photo(s)
- If you’re not already, follow us on Instagram @SavvyTokyo prior to submitting your photo(s)
How To Submit Your Photos
- Follow @SavvyTokyo
- Post your photo to your Instagram account with the hashtag #savvysakura2020 and a caption telling us the story behind the photo (and why not some #StayAtHome too!)
Note: Don’t forget to include a short caption, photo title, location, date and your name (or nickname) with your photo. Photos without captions and the information above will not be considered as potential winning entries.
Facebook Share Contest
- Like the Savvy Tokyo Facebook page and subscribe to our newsletter
- Share our original Savvy Toyko Sakura Contest posts on the Savvy Tokyo official Facebook page
How To Submit Your Participation
- Share our article post on your personal page, it has to be set to public so we can validate your participation
- Fill the form below to confirm your participation
The contest is open from Tuesday, March 10 to Friday, April 30. The winning photos will be published on Savvy Tokyo by mid-May.
Terms & Conditions
- Instagram: the winning photo will be selected by Savvy Tokyo based on originality, creativity, and (photo) quality. Facebook: the winner will be selected randomly.
- It will be at Savvy Tokyo’s sole discretion to determine whether any eligibility requirement has or has not been met.
- We may require evidence or confirmation from entrants before publishing or awarding prizes.
- The prize winner-elect will be contacted by the Savvy Team directly through their social media accounts. The winner must reply to our direct mail within seven days to claim their prize. If a prize is not claimed within this period, we reserve the right to select an alternate prize winner.
- Savvy Tokyo will send the prize to a postal address specified by the winner. This address needs to be in Japan.
- By submitting your photos to this contest, you are automatically granting Savvy Tokyo the right to publish them on our website and official social media accounts for the sole purposes of this competition. Your photos will not be republished or used for any other purposes.
- The prize photo in this article is for illustration purposes only. Actual products may differ at the time of shipping.
We look forward to seeing your amazing photos! #savvysakura2020