If you’re an experienced legal professional looking for a full-time position, one of the largest and oldest law firms in Japan, Nishimura & Asahi, is currently looking for a legal editor to work in its Tokyo office. This is a dream job with a great work environment located in a brand new office in the center of the city.
About Nishimura & Asahi
Nishimura & Asahi is one of the most prestigious law firms in Japan. It has over 500 attorneys and editors from across the country and the globe. With offices in Tokyo, Fukuoka, Nagoya, Osaka and overseas, the firm provides some of the most comprehensive legal services in Japan as a one-stop solution.
Nishimura & Asahi seeks applicants for the full-time position of English-language legal editor. The candidate must have a law degree and be a native English speaker. Preference will be given to candidates with legal editing experience, especially those who have practiced as lawyers. Japanese language ability is not required, but some ability will be helpful. The position requires the ability to convey ideas and information effectively and concisely, in clear and professional written English. This is a full-time position with working hours of Monday to Friday, from 2:30 p.m. to 11 p.m.
- Editing and rewriting a wide range of documents and correspondence
- Occasionally assisting in due diligence, research and similar matters
- Native English speaker with excellent writing skills
- Must currently reside in Japan (visa sponsorship is available)
- Able to commit to a minimum of one year on the job
- A law degree (JD/LLB or higher) is a must
- Gym membership
- Great work-life balance
- 10 days annual paid leave, plus all Japanese national holidays
- Work at a brand new office in Otemachi
- Have your own cubicle
- In-office cafeteria
….and many more
Location: Otemon Tower, 1-1-2 Otemachi, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo 100-8124, Japan
Job type: Full Time / Experienced (Non-Manager)
Salary: ¥510,000 / Month
To apply for this position please click here.