Recipe: Yuzu And Pomegranate Lamb Chops
La La Lamb
A mouth-watering recipe perfect for Easter and other special occasions.
Lamb is always a popular meat option once spring arrives and it is also the perfect recipe for a special occasion like Easter lunch or dinner. It doesn’t take particularly long to prepare and the light yuzu (a popular Japanese citrus) dressing really compliments the taste of the lamb meat. I’ve served it with oven roasted sweet potato, but it could also be served with rice or salad at your preference. So, here’s how to make it at home!
- 1 sweet potato サツマイモ Satsumaimo
- Salt & pepper, to season 塩胡椒 Shio kosho
- Olive oil オリーブオイル Oribuoiru
- 2 lamb chops ラムチョップ Ramuchoppu
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce 醤油 Shoyu
- 3 teaspoons yuzu dressing ゆずドレシング Yuzu dressing
- Handful of pomegranate seeds ザクロ Zakuro
- Vegetable oil, for frying 植物油 Shokubutsuabura
- Preheat a fan oven to 200 degrees celsius (if you don’t have an oven you could cook the sweet potato in the microwave).
- Wash a whole sweet potato and then pat dry with kitchen paper. Using a sharp knife, make a few slits on the skin. Place a few tablespoons of olive oil in a small bowl and add salt and pepper to season. Mix well and rub onto the skin of the sweet potato. Wrap in tin foil and place in the oven for about 60 minutes or until cooked. Cut in half before serving.
- Heat 1-2 tablespoons of vegetable oil in a non stick frying pan on medium-high heat. Place the lamb chops on the pan and fry on each side for at least 3 minutes depending on how you like your meat cooked (3 minutes on each side will leave the meat medium-rare).
- Mix the soy sauce and yuzu in a small bowl and add the pomegranate seeds.
- Serve the lamb chops on a large serving dish, drizzle over the dressing and serve with the baked sweet potato.
Tip: Take the lamb chops out of the fridge 15-30 minutes prior to pan frying.