Seasonal Recipe: Chicken And Grape Salad
August 19, 2018
Food & Drink, Recipes
A perfect balance of savory, sweet, soft and crunchy healthy salad.
Ah, dare I say it: this is a grape idea for leftover roast chicken!
If I’m ever invited to a potluck or similar in the late summer season, I make this salad. This is because, time and time again, it has proven itself as a definite crowd pleaser – a perfect balance of savory, sweet, soft and crunchy. The star of this recipe is the grapes, which are in full season in Japan now. Forget about peeling them the Japanese way, though, for the red skin not only gives this salad more texture but also provides grape aesthetics (sorry I can’t help myself!). Use Delaware grape (the tiny ones) for this recipe — it looks better and no one will complain if they’re not peeled.
What to prepare:
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- ½ cup all-natural yogurt
- Juice of one lemon
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- Desired amount of leftover roast chicken, shredded (I used around 5 cups)
- 4 stalks of celery, chopped small
- 1 small red onion, chopped small
- 1 bunch of grapes, halved
- ½ cup walnuts, broken
1. In a large bowl, mix mayonnaise, yogurt, lemon juice, salt, pepper and the dried parsley together.
2. Add the chicken, celery, onion, grapes and walnuts.
3. Stir together until well combined.
4. Chill for at least an hour before consumption. Serve in a large bowl and enjoy while cool.
Using this recipe? Share your photos with us via Facebook or Instagram with a hashtag #savvytokyorecipe