Recipe: Matcha Granola
Start your day with the power of matcha
An easy homemade granola recipe for your healthy breakfast at home or at the office.
While granola is one of the most recommended options for a healthy breakfast, many of the products we see in the supermarket contain loads of hidden sugar and preservatives. This week’s recipe shows you how to make your own granola with very simple and safe ingredients. Whether eating it at home or packing it for the office, I guarantee that this recipe will become your favorite on-the-go breakfast choice! Enjoy!
- 200g oats
- Few handfuls of your favorite mixed nuts (almonds, pine nuts etc) & seeds (e.g. pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, linseeds etc)
- 2 heaped tablespoons of coconut oil
- 2 heaped tablespoons of honey
- 1 teaspoon matcha
- 1 kaki (persimmon/ Sharon) fruit, peeled and thinly sliced (replace with seasonal fruit depending on the time of year).
I prefer to use fresh fruit than dried fruit as I think it’s a healthier option. However, if you’d like to add dried fruit you can simply add it when the granola is removed from the oven and cooled.
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Place the oats in a large flat pyrex dish.
- Toss in the nuts and mix well together.
- Over a low to medium heat melt the coconut oil and honey in a small saucepan.
- Once melted stir well and pour evenly over the oats and nuts.
- Use a large spoon to completely cover the oats and nuts in the coconut oil and honey.
- Place in the preheated oven for about 20 minutes (during this time stir a few times).
- Remove from the oven and once cool, add the matcha powder and mix well.
- Add a few large spoonfuls of the granola to a cereal bowl and serve with natural yogurt and sliced kaki fruit.
- Store the remaining granola in an airtight container.