Top Fall 2017 Makeup Trends
Berry Lips, Metallic Eyes, And More
Just as we saw back in Summer, the Fall makeup trends are all about taking your self-expressionism to an extra level. From berry lips and metallic eyes to artistic eyeliners and all things pink, this season’s trends are even bolder and wilder.
After having that daring blush and extreme glow on every part of your face this summer, you’d think that things would calm down over the quiet season and Fall would bring back subtle makeup to fashion. Turns out, things this season are nothing about being quiet and the trend is the exact opposite of subtle once again: The boldness is here to stay!
Without further ado, here are the best makeup trends for this autumn.
Heavy Metallic Colors
Similar to the summer trends, this fall we’ll be seeing a lot of multiple-color-looks, but there is one shade that you can’t avoid if you want to be en vogue: Metallics. During Fashion Week, we saw plenty of metallic colors, be it gold, black, or red swept across the lid with a defined lower line. But if your palette doesn’t contain hectic colors, don’t worry — as we saw during Alexis Mabille’s show, you can trace just one color of gold or silver slept across the lid. To finish up this bold look, slightly contour your face and finish off with a nice glow and a nude lip.
- The Balm Shady Lady Volume 2, ¥3,950. Buy at Vida Yokohama
- Nars single shadow (22 colors), ¥3,456. Buy at all Nars stores, Takashimaya and Isetan
- Makeup Forever metallic palette ¥6,264. Available at Isetan
It’s official — the Twiggy look is back! The famous 60’s trend was blooming all over the runway during Fashion Week in New York. Versace even took the step further by coloring the whole lid with artistic eyeliner, and brands like Yves Saint Laurent welcomed the smudged wing. But if the Twiggy look isn’t bold enough for you, opt for the Jeremy Scott and apply spiky false eyelashes instead of drawing them on. It will look great either way!
- Diamond Bottom Lashes (¥930-¥1,080), Dolly Wink Bottom Lashes No.7 (¥1,200), Diamond Beauty No.1 Eyeliner (¥1,080). All available through Amazon, Don Quijote, drugstores and cosmetic stores in Japan.
Berry Lips is perhaps the most iconic Fall look among all, and the easiest to apply into your daily routine. So, if you’re going after any of these looks, start with this one. Dozens of shows this season presented berry lips — tinted to full cover. Shades of purple, burgundy, or darker shades of plum are the ideal color this season. Valentino went for a burgundy, Jonathan Simkhai went for plum and Jill Stuart for not your average red lip! Even H&M went for dark purple during the 2017 Fashion Week.
- Mac Liptensity Lipstick (¥3,996). Buy online or at any Mac stores and counters.
- Mac Deep plum (¥3,128). Buy online or at Mac stores and counters.
- Jill Stuart Lip Blossom 21 Black Cherry (¥3,024). Buy online or at any Jill Stuart stores and counters.
Here is another trend that we thought would be gone by the time the sakura season was over, but surprise, surprise, Pink is here to stay for a little longer. The Fashion Week showcased pink in everything from nails, cheeks, lips, and eyes, and it wasn’t just one or two shades of pink. Aigner went for a soft pink look, and the brand Blugirl went more for a flushed face look with different shades of pink. From the apple to the temple, this Fall, sweep across the pink blush with no hesitation.
- Candy Doll Cheek & Lip, ¥990. Buy at drugstores, Don Quijote, and other makeup stores
- Dior Rouge Glow, ¥6,156. Buy at all Dior stores and counters
- Etude House Play Nail #41-#49, ¥350. Buy at cosmetic stores and Etude House stores
An extra advice — don’t forget the glow!
What Fall 2017 trends are you trying out? Share in the comments!