Yukata Workshop With Kaiseki Lunch At The Hotel Chinzanso Tokyo
Everything You Need To Know About Yukata Dressing And Manners
On May 19, the General Foundation Association for promoting the culture of Japanese national costume will hold an exceptional event for foreign females: a selection of workshops to teach you everything you need to know about yukata wearing.
Thank you for your interest in this event! Applications have now closed and we will contact those who have been selected to take part by April 17.
For this occasion, they chose the Hotel Chinzanso Tokyo to host three workshops and offer participants a unique kaiseki (Japanese course) lunch experience. For only ¥2,500 per person, you can enjoy a full-course authentic kaiseki lunch at Hotel Chinzanso Tokyo, as well as the chance to snap souvenir photos as you walk around its magnificent gardens. This oasis of greenery in Tokyo will be the perfect setting to take souvenir pictures of this very special day.
The cherry on top: the yukata and obi (sash) you used to learn yukata wearing will be gifted to you!
These workshops will give you the perfect opportunity to learn everything about yukata dressing from top-notch teachers in the Japanese kimono community. From choosing your outfit to arranging your hair, table manners or even walking—they will teach you everything step by step inside the gorgeous surroundings of the Hotel Chinzanso Tokyo gardens and estate in central Tokyo.
There are a limited number of spaces available for the workshops. To apply, you just have to fill out the form below! Participants will be selected based on individual applications and we will contact those who have been selected by April 17.
|Event schedule during the day
|Reception of participants
|1st workshop: hair arrangement for yukata and kimono
|2nd workshop: yukata dressing
|3rd workshop: table manners and etiquette with immediate practice during kaiseki lunch
|Photo time! Stroll around the Chinzanso Tokyo beautiful gardens and take all the souvenir pictures you want
|Get changed and pack your yukata and obi
|End of the event
This event is now closed to applications.
- Schedule may differ in regards to the weather and situation
- Transportation fee is not included
- After the event, a survey will be sent for you to share your impressions
- Please kindly note that pictures will be taken during the event, they might be used on the organizer’s websites or social media channels for communication purpose
- The organizers may use your contact information to send you information such as future events and seminars
- As a measure of protection for Covid-19, alcohol for sterilization will be set at the venue and staff will be wearing masks during the event
- The event will be conducted in Japanese
The selected participants will be announced by April 17. Good luck!
We are closely monitoring the Covid-19 situation in Japan and will adapt accordingly.